Welcome to the General Legal Council of Jamaica
This website contains information that may be useful to lawyers, their clients, law students and the public generally. This includes:
- A current list of lawyers entitled to carry on a private practice
- A current list of lawyers who have been disbarred or otherwise sanctioned by the Disciplinary Committee
- Decisions of the Disciplinary Committee and the courts on disciplinary matters going back to the early 1980s
- The procedure for instituting a complaint
- The regulations governing attorneys, including those dealing with advertising, accountant’s reports and the ethics of the profession and
- Information about the members of the Council, the Disciplinary Committee and the other committees of the Council.